Monday, May 7, 2007

Rotten D.J.


So whatever, I didn't find this because I was looking for it, but rather stumbled upon it and pilfered it from another blog - I don't remember whose blog, but I'm sure its in my links. Anyway, its a playlist from John Lydon's dj set when he played on Tommy Vance's Capital Radio show on July 16th, 1977. No punk but for the Pistols, though the multitude of reggae tunes shouldn't surprise:

Tim Buckley - Sweet Surrender
The Creation - Life Is Just Beginning
David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
The Chieftains - Jig A Jig
Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets The Rockers Uptown
Gary Glitter- Doin' Alright With The Boys
Fred Locks - These Walls
Culture - I'm Not Ashamed
Dr Alimantado - Born For A Purpose
Bobby Byrd - Back From The Dead
Neil Young - Revolution Blues
Sex Pistols - Did You No Wrong
Lou Reed - Men Of Good Fortune
Kevin Coyne - Eastbourne Ladies
Peter Hammill - Institute Of Mental Health (Burning)
Peter Hammill - Nobody's Business
Captain Beefheart - The Blimp
Nico - Janitor Of Lunacy
Ken Boothe - Is It Because I'm Black
John Cale - Legs Larry At Television Centre
Third Ear Band - Fleance
Can - Halleluwah
Peter Tosh - Legalise It